- The Land Connection has developed the Illinois FarmLink website. The Land Connection is not involved in real estate listing, brokerage, or sales activities. The Land Connection does not represent buyers or sellers of properties and is not affiliated with buyers or sellers (or their representatives) who list, advertise, sell, or rent properties. The Land Connection receives no real estate commissions before, during, or after any transactions directly related to this site.
- As a website user, you expressly agree that using and browsing this website is at your own risk. The Land Connection is not liable for any direct, incidental, special, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising from your access to, use of, or inability to use the Illinois FarmLink website or any linked site. The Land Connection is not responsible for the accuracy of the information farmers and farmland owners provide in their profiles on the Illinois FarmLink website (illinoisfarmlink.org), nor for the content and representations of any third-party websites you link to through this website. Illinois FarmLink may allow third parties to post on this website. Such posts do not endorse the product or services advertised therein.
- When you create a profile, you certify that the information is accurate and complete to the best of your knowledge and is made in good faith to participate in Illinois FarmLink. If it comes to our attention that the information you provide is not accurate and complete, we reserve the right to remove your profile from the site. The Land Connection has the right to discontinue your participation in Illinois FarmLink for any reason.
- When you create a profile and submit it for viewing on the Illinois FarmLink site, you hereby agree to release and hold harmless Illinois FarmLink, The Land Connection, and its partners and agree to indemnify and defend each of them from all claims, costs, suits, actions, judgments, and expenses, including attorneys’ and experts’ fees, that may occur in connection with provision or dissemination of such information by Illinois FarmLink. In addition, by creating and submitting a profile, you are giving Illinois FarmLink permission to post your information on its website and keep a detailed accounting of your information and subsequent call logs in our database. You are responsible for communicating with Illinois FarmLink if you are no longer interested in participating in the program.
- Illinois FarmLink is limited to providing information and facilitating the connection of farm enterprises with farmland owners. It cannot guarantee a successful farmland-farmer match and is released from responsibility for any loss, damage, or injury that may occur as a result of inquiries and meetings.
- While The Land Connection may provide advice and assistance to farmers and landowners, every participant in a farm transaction should consult with the appropriate licensed professionals (generally, but not exclusively, an attorney, realtor, or accountant) to verify that the transaction or any legal documents are meeting that participant’s needs and expectations.
- If you post a profile to this site, you agree to comply with applicable laws, including but not limited to those prohibiting discriminatory preferences based on age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, familial status, or handicap/disability. The Fair Housing Act provides additional protections, and limited exceptions, that are explained in publications from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (“HUD”) and the Department of Justice.
- We reserve the right to exclude discriminatory or objectionable content. We also reserve the right to exclude profile requests and to remove profiles for any reason in keeping with the spirit of our work. The Land Connection will not provide resources or assist in an operation that produces or seeks to produce illegal crops under federal law.